United Presbyterian Church 2360 Longwood Ave., Reedsport, OR 97467 (541) 271-3214. Pastor: (541) 218 7657
Scriptures and Music for January 23, 2022
627 I Love You Lord (2x)
772 Live into Hope
700 I’m Gonna Live So God Can Use Me
Lay Leader: Cindy
First Reading: Psalm 24
1. The earth is the Lord's and all that is in it, the world, and those who live in it; 2. for he has founded it on the seas, and established it on the rivers. 3. Who shall ascend the hill of the Lord? And who shall stand in his holy place? 4. Those who have clean hands and pure hearts, who do not lift up their souls to what is false, and do not swear deceitfully. 5. They will receive blessing from the Lord, and vindication from the God of their salvation. 6. Such is the company of those who seek him, who seek the face of the God of Jacob.
7. Lift up your heads, O gates! and be lifted up, O ancient doors! that the King of glory may come in. 8. Who is the King of glory? The Lord, strong and mighty, the Lord, mighty in battle. 9. Lift up your heads, O gates! and be lifted up, O ancient doors! that the King of glory may come in. 10. Who is this King of glory? The Lord of hosts, he is the King of glory.
Gospel: Luke 4:14-21
14. Then Jesus, filled with the power of the Spirit, returned to Galilee, and a report about him spread throughout all the surrounding country. 15. He began to teach in their synagogues and was praised by everyone.
16. When he came to Nazareth, where he had been brought up, he went to the synagogue on the Sabbath day, as was his custom. He stood up to read, 17. and the scroll of the prophet Isaiah was given to him. He unrolled the scroll and found the place where it was written: 18. “The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he has anointed me to bring good news to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim release to the captives and recovery of sight to the blind, to let the oppressed go free, 19. to proclaim the year of the Lord's favor.”
20. And he rolled up the scroll, gave it back to the attendant, and sat down. The eyes of all in the synagogue were fixed on him. 21. Then he began to say to them, “Today this scripture has been fulfilled in your hearing.”